Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Credo

After presenting my website and work to a whole bunch of people. I have realized that my about me is a little off. It doesn't describe who I am. So I decided to write a new one for the hiring process, which may end up being the foundation to rebranding colinpaulmurphy.com. Here it is tell me what you think.

I was a 5'9", 200 pound Division 1 Swimmer.

Even though that statement has nothing to do with advertising, my technological capabilities or professional attributes, a lot of it describes why you should hire me.

I was not your average swimmer. I was fat, small, and weak. But what I brought to swimming wasn't my natural born talent, it was my passion, my ability to get up at 5:30 in the morning ready to work and my loud voice. And that is what I also bring to my art direction, design and, most importantly, ideas.

So even though I was better at algebra than writing in high school and I come from a public school rather than a portfolio school, I will work harder and set the bar higher because I love this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment