Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Epic Journey to colinpaulmurphy.com

It is March 24, 2009 and now I can finally start networking.

But you think, "Wait a second mister, you should have been networking a long time ago." I would answer I have, but not "really" networking. I feel networking doesn't really happen once you face the inevitable monster, that is creating your own website. Once that happens you can send out your work as easy as JELL-O (because easy as pie, really isn't that easy).

And I have finally defeated that monster with an axe called Dreamweaver CS3 and an arrow called Flash CS3, because my website is up AND running smoothly.
(It's been up for about a week and a half or so, but it was not even close to being "ready". I had a whole bunch of small "detailed" problems that I became aware of every time someone had a complaint. But all of the major ones are fixed.)

So today is the GRAND OPENING of colinpaulmurphy.com.
If this were an actual, physical place there would be giant inflatable gorillas floating around with confetti and streamers filling the air while a professional marching band plays Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.
But it's not, so I guess this post will have to do.

So now I can begin networking... Does anyone need a copywriter or art director?

3 comments:

  1. in an ideal world, everyone needs an art director

    ReplyDelete
  2. Col - it's a great Web site. My favorite is still the baseball one. Good luck with your search and be patient - what is meant to happen will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo, nice job with that site! it looks really good. i've started to get into web design myself and am working on my own site: www.hartbro.com. it's still under construction right now but there's a link to an older site i made over winter break.

    i'm writing cause i wanna know what your experience was with adobe's dreamweaver. i've certainly heard of it before but am kinda hesitant to invest the $300+. So far all the site work i've done has been with raw HTML and PHP coding in notepad, which can be tedious at times. were you happy with the customizability that the software allows?

    ReplyDelete