Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Colin the Hipocrit

Advertising is my life right now. Looking for a job, emailing people I know, sending out my portfolio, fixing my website, fixing my portfolio, redoing my portfolio, creating new camapigns, writing a blog are all things I have been doing for the past couple months. Especially this past week, I have been chained to my desk. But that's who I am.

I am a huge dork and I thank my father for that.

But I also remind myself that all work and no play is not the person to be. I'm in college. These are the last few years of my life I can enjoy time off, drink on the weekdays and watch Jack Bauer save the world with my best friends. It also is important pertaining to advertising. It is the one industry that you need to be a people person. I need to know pop culture. I need to know who people are and how they act. I need to be a 21 year old kid in college because this is the one time I can be.

But I'll be the first one to say that I do work too hard. So in this blog I have been preaching "DO THIS, READ THAT, LOOK AT THIS..." But in this post I'm telling you to be a student and live it up, not only because you should, but also it will make you a better ad person, which is kind of dorky way to look at it.

There are a lot of people out there that don't relate to this post and already live it up. If so, then it's another excuse to have an extra beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment